Dryridge Estate is located in the UNESCO World Heritage Blue Mountains We are conveniently located 20km from Blackheath in the picturesque Megalong Valley and surrounded by wineries, bush walks and the Heritage Listed Six Foot Track, and other local attractions.
We are constructing three Pass Haus Lodges, Dryridge Estate is at the forefront of eco-accredited South West accommodation. Travelling in a larger group? The Homestead is a luxuriously appointed private residence. Since opening in 1999, the Dryridge Estate has earned its place as an award-winning escape for customers seeking the very best in accommodation Blue Mountains has to offer.
[ logo? ]
Over the years we have worked continually to improve our efforts at sustainability and this now extends to purchasing policies where possible, sourcing local products and services and growing our own produce. We have a designated horticulturist to assist with this and are always looking at new ways we can operate to minimise our impact on the environment.
Our sustainable approach includes the following:
- Architect designed buildings in sympathy with the landscape.
- No large trees have been removed.
- Shower heads are low flow.
- Toilets are dual flush.
- Hot water heated on demand only, by gas.
- Light sensitive timer switches for public lighting.
- Low energy use compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Revegetation of areas affected by the development.
- Continuous removal of exotic species – inc. blackberry and Patersons Curse.
- Guest vehicles kept to designated areas.
- Strict adherence to the local Council recycling programs.
- Use of recycled paper and natural products where possible.
- Rainwater used for all drinking water and recycled on the property for irrigation.
- Aerated Septic system to treat waste and water used for irrigation of lawns.
- Biodegradable cleaning agents are used.
- No intentional feeding of wildlife.